People and Culture Officer
|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$66,635.21 per annum|
|Position Description||People and Culture Officer|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This position provides customer-focused support to the People and Culture team in the key services areas of recruitment, induction, training and payroll and works collaboratively to improve systems and processes across the business unit. The position assists and provides leave coverage to the Payroll Officer.
- Administer and participate in Council’s recruitment and induction processes, including development and delivery of programs.
- Process and maintain employee personnel records including employment conditions, performance, personal development, remuneration and occupational health and safety.
- Administer Council’s human resource information systems and coordinate employee support and recognition programs, as required.
- Assist the Payroll Officer in the fortnightly processing of payroll and undertake the role to cover leave periods.
- Administer and liaise with stakeholders to provide secondary and tertiary student placement, incursion and excursion programs.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with the team in order to streamline processes and systems.
- Support the Coordinator People and Culture in employee and industrial relations issues, as well as Workcover management.
- Model Council values and be an integral member of the People and Culture team including participating in team projects, process mapping and review, and proactively responding to customer requests.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Formal qualifications in Human Resources or demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in the use and creation of intermediate-level word processing documents and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with employees across all levels of an organisation.
- Understanding of recruitment, payroll, enterprise agreement interpretation and human resource information systems.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, maintaining an eye for detail and accuracy when completing tasks.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Sara Smith, Coordinator People and Culture at email@example.com or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 25th October, 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer