Executive Assistant and Governance Officer
|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$81,105.58 per annum|
|Position Description||Executive Assistance and Governance Officer|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This position provides high level, confidential and professional executive support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive Leadership Team (ELT), as well as governance and administrative support to achieve Council’s statutory obligations.
- Provide executive support to the CEO and ELT, including management and coordination of diaries, briefings, correspondence, agendas, reports and presentations.
- Present a professional and client-oriented approach in the management and monitoring of information requests, ensuring timely referral to responsible officers and subsequent resolution.
- Coordinate dissemination, retention and storage of Council reports and correspondence, including CEO and ELT documents, decisions and actions, ensuring adherence to Council’s records management policies and procedures.
- Monitor Government policies, programs and services associated with or impacting on Local Government and provide relevant advice and guidance to CEO and ELT.
- Assist the Governance and Civic Support team with Council meeting processes, organising Council meetings and workshops, and performance of procedural and administrative tasks.
- Assist CEO and ELT in the investigation of any complaints, concerns or opportunities associated with internal operations or external stakeholders.
- Provide support in research, analysis and project management of specific projects, as directed.
- Participate in professional development and networking opportunities to assist identification of best practice provision of executive services, governance and/or other services of Council.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Relevant qualifications and experience in business administration / management at an executive assistant level.
- Demonstrated understanding of Local Government, its services and the governance requirements of the industry.
- Well-developed verbal and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels and produce succinct documentation.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office suite, including creation and management of complex documents in Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience in providing well-researched, discreet, confidential and timely support and advice to senior management across varied subject matter.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Mary Scully, Manager Governance & Civic Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 25th October 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer