|Job Type||Full Time - Temporary (2 years)|
|Package||$81,105.58 per annum|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This temporary full-time position supports project delivery and initiatives to uplift our rural community’s economic wellbeing and quality of life. Work supported by the Placemaker is underpinned by Northern Grampians Economic Development Strategy and Action Plan 2021-31 and delivers liveability, built and natural environment sustainability outcomes.
- Adopting a project management and placemaking approach, support the delivery of sport, recreation, and public realm Precinct Masterplans, concept, detailed design and costing for shovel ready projects.
- Support the management of Council’s leisure and recreation advisory groups to ensure effective local stakeholder engagement in the planning and design of sport and recreation and public realm infrastructure.
- Monitor and review funding agreements to ensure all relevant milestones and obligations are met on time, including reporting and acquittals.
- Deliver projects and initiatives in line with Council’s project management framework, capital works and operational budgets, Policies (including Councils Stakeholder Engagement Policy) and other relevant Legislation.
- Support in the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence, and training.
- Tertiary qualification in Recreation, Sports Management or relevant discipline with some experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sport and recreational services, and the role of the public realm in enhancing lifestyle and community.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects, including effective financial and physical resources oversight.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, evidenced by the ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills including community engagement and consultation, report writing and presentations.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Justine Kingan, Manager Economic and Community Futures at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 25th October 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer