Team Leader Fitness
|Job Type||Part Time - Temporary to 03 July 2022|
|Package||$66,635.21 per annum pro rata|
|Position Description||Team Leader Fitness|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
Covid-19 Vaccination Status
It is a requirement for all local government employees in Victoria to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and evidence must be provided by the preferred candidate prior to an offer of employment.
About this role
This position is responsible for leading the Stawell Sports and Aquatic Centre team to ensure that the gymnasium, group fitness and personal training programs run smoothly and effectively, that services meet membership needs and that all equipment is well maintained, safe, clean and operational. This position is contracted for 38 hours per fortnight until 3 July 2022.
- Model Council values and be an integral member of the leisure services team including participating in team projects, process mapping and review, and proactively responding to customer requests.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, customer requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner ensuring delivery is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer-centric
- Provide guidance and direction to fitness instructors, personal trainers and patrons in their use of the gym facilities to ensure a safe and controlled environment.
- Participate in the training and development of relevant staff
- Research, develop and implement program initiatives including the development of budgets and business cases to ensure member participation increase
- Organise maintenance, repair and cleaning of equipment to ensure expected standards of cleanliness and safety are adhered and a professional public image of service is maintained within the community
- Provide formal input into the development and maintenance of gym operational policies and procedures
- Conduct audits for risk and safety as required on Council’s facilities and equipment.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Relevant qualifications and experience as specified in the position description.
- Proven ability to increase utilisation of programs and services in a leisure environment.
- Sound knowledge of fitness and marketing these services
- Experience designing specific fitness programs for members
- Demonstrated ability to motivate patrons and staff at all levels by leading and influencing them to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to provide a high level of customer service.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Samantha Winter, Coordinator Stawell Sports and Aquatic Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 13th December 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer