|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$66,635.21 per annum|
|Position Description||Grants Officer|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
Covid-19 Vaccination Status
It is a requirement for all local government employees in Victoria to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and evidence must be provided by the preferred candidate prior to an offer of employment.
About this role
The position provides assistance in seeking, securing and coordinating management of external funding in order to meet community needs, council plans and strategies, and improve the council's financial sustainability, while meeting government policy objectives and directions.
- Assist in all aspects of the grant funding life cycle including grant application development, execution, and milestone management.
- Administer grants awarded to council, including records management, data entry and grants register maintenance.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to write high quality grant submissions for projects identified in council plans, strategies, masterplans, and other key organisational documents.
- Assist project owners/managers with grant reporting requirements, including review of draft reports for quality, consistency and compliance grant guidelines and funding agreements.
- Work with the Finance Team to establish account codes, facilitation of invoices, payment receipting and provision of independent audited acquittals as required.
- Communicate grant income, receivables, unearned income and unspent grant matters to the Coordinator Financial Services for appropriate budgetary and EOFY accounting treatment
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence, and training.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, project management and administration
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support administration of specific projects
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in research, analysis, report writing, presentation preparation and communication material creation
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, project management, community development or less formal qualifications with relevant experience and skills.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Charles Holdenby, Manager Government Relations, Engagement & Advocacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 29 November 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer