Customer Support Officer
|Job Type||Full Time - Temporary to 19 June 2022|
|Package||$55,700.32 per annum (pro-rata)|
|Position Description||Customer Support Officer|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
Covid-19 Vaccination Status
It is a requirement for all local government employees in Victoria to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and evidence must be provided by the preferred candidate prior to an offer of employment.
About this role
Based at the Stawell Town Hall Customer Service Office, this position is responsible for providing high level customer support and administration services to the Northern Grampians Shire Council’s community, Councillors and staff, ensuring the service is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer centric.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, customers requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner ensuring delivery is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer centric
- Model Council values and be an integral member of the customer experience team including participating in team projects, process mapping and review, and proactively responding to customer requests.
- Respond to personal, telephone and written requests for information and services ensuring that wherever possible enquiries and transactions are concluded at the first point of contact or directed to the appropriate responsible officer following the set procedures.
- Process payments received from customers in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
- Attend the booking of various Council facilities and/or Reserves in accordance with Council’s policies and guidelines.
- Proactively and regularly gather information internally and externally to increase corporate knowledge and update systems accordingly.
- Provide Councillor-focused customer support including follow up and feedback on issues reported by Councillors through the Customer Request Management System (CRM).
- Provide customer and administrative services to other business units as required.
- Assist in the development and improvement of customer support processes and standards to guide all Council services.
- Attend to matters relating to VicRoads.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training
- Minimum secondary qualification; or knowledge and skills gained through on-the-job training in administrative and customer relations.
- Demonstrated experience in a busy customer support office environment.
- A proven ability to plan and organise work to meet quality standards and manage requests from customers.
- Data entry skills and experience in the use of office management computer software.
- The ability to work in a team environment and positively contribute to the team
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Respond to the selection criteria questions.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Jocinda Blake, Team Leader Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 13th December 2021.
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer