Community Health and Engagement Project Officer
|Job Type||Part-time Temporary (till June 2023)|
|Package||$81,105.58 per annum|
|Position Description||Community Health and Engagement Project Officer|
We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
Covid-19 Vaccination Status
It is a requirement for all local government employees in Victoria to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and evidence must be provided by the preferred candidate prior to an offer of employment.
About this role
This exciting 30.4 hour per week position until June 30 2023, is responsible for facilitating the planning and development of strategies to support the delivery of the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 (MPHWP).
- Provide high level strategic planning, policy, research and strategy advice to inform the development of age-specific action plans to support the implementation of Council’s MPHWP.
- Engage the community and other stakeholders in the process through workshop facilitation and other processes as appropriate
- Develop specific policies, strategies and plans to increase the health and wellbeing of the community
- Deliver the VicHealth partnership program ‘Ready for Life: Early Years in Northern Grampians Shire’
- Deliver the Age-friendly Communities project
- Develop specific actions focussed on access and social inclusion for people living with disability
- Develop a partnership framework for the ongoing delivery of the MPHWP
- Co-design the delivery of initiatives and programs that build local capacity
- Collate necessary documentation and information and support management in report preparation, including budget, progress and acquittal reporting.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Degree or Diploma qualification in community development, public health, health promotion or social science with some experience, or substantial relevant experience in a similar role i.e. youth work, social work, community services, community development.
- Previous experience in project planning, implementation, evaluation, and analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with diverse range of stakeholders, including collaboration with community and employees across all demographic cohorts.
- Experience in community and stakeholder engagement, workshop facilitation and co-design principles.
- Demonstrated ability in writing strategies and policies.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Nola Tudball, Manager Community Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 13th December 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer