Level 1 & 2 Case Manager
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation with a commitment to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rate: $36.53 – $40.6434 p/hr (dependent on qualifications & experience) + super
- Choice of fully maintained company vehicle or generous motor vehicle allowance
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Full Time (38 hours per week) – Part Time (30 hours per week will also be considered)
- Based in Ascot Vale (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices in Melbourne, Hobart and regional Victoria. Wintringham is a major provider of home care. Our team of Carer’s, Case Managers, Outreach Workers, Care & Support Workers and Recreation staff provide holistic care and support to clients who live independently in their own homes. The care provided to Wintringham clients is carried out with the underlying principles of social justice.
Your new role
Wintringham is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person with a commitment to social justice to join our multi-disciplinary community team based at our Northern Office in Ascot Vale as a Case Manager on a Full Time basis. Part Time (30 hours per week) applications will also be considered for the right applicants.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients living in their own homes to maintain their independence and lifestyle of their choice by providing a high level of care
- Helping address issues of social isolation for program clients and assist clients to maintain or improve their accommodation
- Undertaking initial assessments for new clients and ensure ongoing reassessment at any time that the client’s care needs change or on a six monthly basis
- Developing and implementing care plans
- Maintain accurate and timely records of client’s assessment, care plan and services provided
- Participate in care reviews with managers, clients and carers
- Effectively managing services provided within budgetary constraints
Wintringham’ s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- An approved tertiary qualification in Social Work, Allied Health or Welfare (or related discipline)
- Previous experience as a Case Manager in Community Aged Care is highly advantageous
- Experience working in Aged Care
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Current drivers licence with a reliable vehicle suitable for transporting clients
- Knowledge of housing and support issues facing older homeless people whom may have a physical and/or mental disability.
- Skills in assessing clients care, support, health and housing needs.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Applications can be directed to Kathryne Howe (Acting Regional Manager Community Services Support – Northern Region) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Sunday 27th June 2021
Interviews will be held after applications close and shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.