Document Management Officer - 8 Month Contract
Contract Role to March 2023
Hourly Rate from $35.20 to $42.03 per hour + 10% super + transport allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
A temporary 8-month contract currently exists within our busy Document Management Services team for an individual who is highly organised with meticulous attention to detail.
The role of a Document Management Officer is to be responsible for processing, maintaining, and distributing documentation and information at Council in accordance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, and the State Records Act (1998) and Council Policies.
Duties will include:
- Management of council’s electronic mailboxes, and including registration of emails, online forms and faxes and electronic media
- Processing of all hard copy correspondence (scanning, receipting, distributing), and including registration of legal documentation, development application lodgement
- Administering of tender opening, and including registration of submissions
- Administrating of incoming and outgoing correspondences
- Administering public access to information
- Off-site file and plan retrieval
- Data entry & audit as required
The position will involve utilising innovative electronic registration and auditing practices to enhance the functionality of our electronic document management system, Ci Anywhere.
- Previous experience working in administration, preferably within an electronic document, records, or information management environment
- Certificate in Records Management or an Administration related discipline and/or demonstrated experience
- Knowledge of Privacy and Public Access principles
- Superior computer literacy with excellent keyboard proficiency
- Demonstrated high levels of written and verbal communication
- Superior time management, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience in Local Government
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
To view the Position Description, Click Here
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions.
Closing Date: 28 June 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.