Public Projects Engineering Officer
Temporary Contract to December 2022
Salary Range from: $86,444.13 to $103,221.78 per annum + 3.5% Civil Liability
+ 10% superannuation + access to pool vehicle or $9,000 pa vehicle offset allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands and a bustling CBD.
Due to State funding from Transport for NSW we are currently seeking expressions of interest for a temporary opportunity until the end of December 2022 within our busy Engineering and Property Services Division.
This role will provide support to the recently appointed Public Projects Interface Manager and will provide technical and administrative services for the use of Council’s road reserve in relation to construction and building activities on Council land associated with public projects. This position will also have the responsibility to assess, issue and regulate conditions for permit applications, provide technical assessment of Construction Traffic Management Plans for public projects and provide accurate and appropriate information regarding construction traffic impacts to internal and external customers.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised university
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in a Local Government environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Roads Act and Regulations
- Experience working with and interpreting Traffic Management Plans and Traffic Control Plans
- Current Class C driver’s licence
- Demonstrated experience in applying legislation and policy into a decision-making framework
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated competency in carrying out financial transactions and reconciliations
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal/communication skills including the ability to assess clients’ needs
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all individuals, professional, industry, community and government groups
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Extensive experience in the use and application of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in updating computerised databases and registers
- Ability to perform and learn new skills in a changing environment
- Ability to use Transport for NSW document management tools – for example TeamBinder or similar
- RMS Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan card or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing and handling on-line forms
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbour view work locations
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to flexi-time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 01 July 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.