Salary Range from: $66,251.45 to $79,108.34 pa + 10% superannuation
+ $1,000 pa transport allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
We are currently seeking an experienced Revenue Officer to be a part of North Sydney Council’s multi-disciplinary Finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking for job security and a hard-working team environment.
You will be responsible for the maintenance of the computerised Rating, Accounts Receivable and Debt Recovery process, assembling and producing information related to various rating, revenue and recovery functions. This includes updating and processing information and charges, answering telephone enquiries and responding to written correspondence.
The ideal candidate will have experience in debt recovery, along with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Local Government Act, 1993 in relation to rating and revenue
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Advanced communication both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures for successful outcome
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Planning/prioritising skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with computerised rating system Civica’s Authority software.
- Demonstrated experience in Local Government Rating
- Demonstrated knowledge of property information and mapping system
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word)
- Experience in coaching staff
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
To view the Position Description, Click Here
A National Police clearance is required as part of the recruitment process for this vacancy.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions.
Closing Date: 07 July 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.