Labourer - Urban Forest Team
Salary Range from: $52,241.77 to $60,930.13 per annum (including allowance)
+ 10.5% superannuation + $1,000 pa transport allowance + Uniform Provided
76 hours per fortnight with a rostered day off
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands and a bustling CBD.
We currently have an opportunity for a reliable and hard-working Labourer to join our Urban Forest team. This position is responsible for maintaining Council’s street and park trees. Duties include tree maintenance works in accordance with current industry best practice and standards, planting, irrigation, weed identification and control, mulching, pruning, watering, chainsaw & chipper operation and other general duties as required.
The ideal candidate will show an interest in tree maintenance, have labouring experience, be a team player and is willing to get stuck into the job at hand.
- Demonstrated experience in arboriculture practices, with a focus on pruning and removal of trees
- WHS Construction Induction Training (White Card) or willing to acquire
- RTA - Traffic Control Certificate or willing to undertake
- First Aid Certificate or willing to undertake
- Chemcert certificate or willing to undertake
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Physical fitness to perform manual duties
- Current Driver's Licence Class MR or willing to undertake
- Computer literacy
- High Risk Elevated Work Platform Certification (EWP)
- Working near powerlines certification for works near overhead powerlines (5099)
- Qualifications and experience in the safe use of a chainsaw
- Experience in working with a tree chipper
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbour view work locations
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to flexi-time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 12 July 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.