Team Leader - Proactive Tree Maintenance
Salary Range from: $70,492.75 to $83,999.69 per annum (including allowance)
+ 10.5% superannuation + $1,000 pa transport allowance + Uniform Provided
76 hours per fortnight with a rostered day off
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands and a bustling CBD.
A permanent opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic Team Leader to head our Proactive Tree Maintenance team. The Team Leader – Proactive Tree Maintenance position ensures that the establishment and maintenance of public trees in the North Sydney Area are in accordance with the performance objectives, requirements and best standards as required by Council’s Open Space Division.
As the Team Leader, the successful applicant will be required to apply their knowledge of current and best practice arboricultural techniques in order to undertake reactive, routine and proactive tree maintenance work; in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
The successful applicant will also possess a strong work ethic and communication skills, with the ability to provide direction and leadership to your crew.
- Tertiary qualifications in Horticulture (Arboriculture) at Certificate Level III or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in arboriculture practices, with a focus on tree pruning and removal techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in the role of Team Leader
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and people management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the WH&S Act.
- Well-developed negotiation, mediation and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Computer literacy.
- MR Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Chainsaw accreditation – Level 1
- RMS Traffic control tickets – Blue & Yellow
- General Induction Ticket (White Card)
- Safe Work Near Powerlines Ticket
- Qualifications in Horticulture (Arboriculture) at Certificate Level IV.
- Chainsaw accreditation – Level 2.
- High Risk Work Certification (Elevated Work Platform – EWP)
- Chemcert Accreditation (AQF3)
- Front End Loader experience
- High Risk Work - Dogging Licence
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbour view work locations
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to flexi-time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 12 August 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.