Parking Services Officer
Salary from $61,223 to $73,105 per annum + up to 7.81% shift allowances + 9.5% pa super
+ $1,000 pa transport allowance + uniform provided
38 hours per week - worked across a rotating roster
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
An opportunity currently exist for a mature, reliable, and self-motivated person to be a part of North Sydney Council’s multi-disciplinary Parking Services Team.
You will be responsible for upholding the entire spectrum of on-street laws governing the parking of motor vehicles in the North Sydney Council local government area. This is an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy being active, working outdoors and as part of a team.
Duties will include:
- Foot patrols
- Issuing infringement notices
- Preparing court statements and attending court hearings if necessary
- Providing accurate and timely information to external and internal customers
- Other duties as allocated by manager or supervisor
Full-time hours are 38 per week, which are worked between 7:30 am and 10.00 pm on a rotating shift roster over 7 days.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with great people skills and excellent attention to detail, along with:
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrable capacity to perform physically demanding tasks
- Resilience in working in a stressful environment
- High standard of written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interpret and articulate legislation
- Demonstrable ability to work reliably and co-operatively in a team environment
- Ability to work to a published roster
- High standard of personal presentation
- Current Driver’s Licence
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbour view work locations
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions.
EEO is Council Policy.
To view the Position Description, Click Here