Events Officer (NYE)
2 Year Contract
Salary from $84,749 to $101,197 pa + 9.5% superannuation
+ 1,000 transport allowance pa
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader Events, your primary focus is to ensure the seamless co-ordination of New Year’s Eve within the North Sydney local government area. This is an extremely ‘hands on’ position and you must have excellent attention to detail and project management skills to ensure all relevant plans are in place as well as possess the resilience, drive, skills and demonstrated experience to co-ordinate all New Year’s Eve arrangements from start to end.
This role will also be responsible for delivering one other annual hallmark event in the North Sydney events calendar.
Due to the nature of an Events role, some evening, weekend and public holiday work will be required. Core availability, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm, is also required. Please note, this position does involve manual handling tasks to implement events.
This is a permanent full-time position, based at the Council Chambers, located in a beautiful park setting, close to public transport, bicycle routes and recreational facilities.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with great people skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualification in Event Management and/or at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in organising large-scale and complex events
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Exceptional multi-tasking, prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literacy skills including the capacity to effectively use Microsoft Office 2007, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability/willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays in relation to events
- Ability/willingness to work full-time from October to February and on New Years Eve
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence
- Working With Children Check
- Experience in crowd management
- Experience with ticketed events
- Experience with Traffic Management and road closures
- Local Government experience
- Valid First Aid Certificate
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
To view the Position Description, click here.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions.
EEO is Council Policy