Salary Range: $101,197 to $120,839 pa + 9.5% super + access to leaseback/pool vehicle or $9,000 pa vehicle offset allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
North Sydney Council is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated Fleet Manager to join the Works Engineering department, based at the Central Depot in Cammeray; close to public transport, bicycle routes and recreational facilities.
The Fleet Manager will provide efficient and effective management of the Council’s fleet and plant business unit as well as oversee supplier contracts within fleet management. The successful candidate will be experienced in operating a mechanical repair workshop and will supervise the two current Motor Mechanics on site.
- Degree in relevant area
- Experience in preparation and management of budgets
- Experience in tender preparation
- Experience in managing contracts
- Extensive experience in managing and operating a mechanical repair workshop
- Extensive experience in fleet management
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex data and use appropriate software
- Sound knowledge and understanding of risk management principles
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Sound understanding of databases and managing large data
- Sound knowledge of relevant WHS, Environmental and EEO requirements
- Class C Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
- Experience within Local Government
- Contributed or involved in relevant industry best practice forums
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
To view the Position Description, Click Here
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions. EEO is Council Policy