Temporary Part Time - 4 month Contract
Hourly Rate: $31.58 to $37.71 ph + 9.5% super + transport allowance
Stanton Library is a quality customer focused library service located in a beautiful park setting near a busy CBD, close to public transport and recreational facilities. There is currently an exciting opportunity for a motivated Library Technician to join the supportive team at Stanton Library.
We are currently seeking a temporary library technician to work on the customer service desk at Stanton Library. This position will work on the customer service desk at Stanton Library, assisting library borrowers with a wide variety of tasks such as lending, returning and renewing library items, new memberships, information enquiries and assisting with the use of library equipment.
Available Shifts are as follows:
Part Time Role - 10.75 hours per week
Friday 15:00pm - 18.15pm
Saturday 13:30 - 17:15pm
Sunday 13:30 - 17:15pm
Availability for shifts across the full range of Library opening hours will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge, interest and experience in the public library environment.
- Demonstrated proactive, problem solving approach
- Client focus in the provision of frontline customer services.
- Superior digital literacy skills with demonstrated experience in using technology and online platforms.
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift books and equipment using appropriate manual handling techniques.
- Knowledge of WHS & EEO principles and practice
- Library Certificate/ Diploma or progress towards a qualification recognised for professional membership of ALIA.
- Knowledge of the Aurora Library Management System
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
To view the Position Description, Click Here
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions. EEO is Council Policy