Collection Development Officer
Salary Range: $57,711 to $68,909 pa + 9.5% super + $1,000 pa transport allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
Stanton Library is a quality customer focused library service located in a beautiful park setting, close to public transport and recreational facilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Collections Development Officer to join our Collection Services team at Stanton Library. This permanent opportunity will undertake all acquisitions processes with a special emphasis on the fiction collection. It aims to help support the community in their engagement with reading through dedicated readers’ advisory services and activities.
- Completion or near completion of a Diploma of Library and Information Services or equivalent qualification
- Experience in a collection services role in a busy library environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in providing a high level of customer service
- Knowledge of and experience in the provision of readers’ advisory services in public libraries
- Active interest in industry trends and best practice in library service delivery
- Experience in using Aurora (AIT) Library Management System
- Knowledge of WHS and EEO principles and practice
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
To view the Position Description, Click Here
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions. EEO is Council Policy