Parking Operations Support Officer
Salary Range: $70,976 to $84,749 pa + 9.5% super + $1,000 pa transport allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, highly organised and professional person to work as part of a diversified team in Council’s Engineering and Property Services Division. The successful applicant will provide assistance in the Parking Meter Operations area.
This position involves providing a high level of customer service and communication to both external and internal customers. It also includes monitoring and analysing parking meter operating systems which involves exporting detailed data from management systems; monitoring contractor performance; performing meter site inspections; inducting casual survey staff; actioning minor traffic and parking investigations for the traffic engineers, including site visits; investigations into parking meter related penalty appeals; preparation of business documents for evidence and acting as an expert witness in court in respect to parking prosecutions as well as maintaining plant and overseeing equipment and stock.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to explicitly demonstrate that they meet the following selection criteria:
- Extensive demonstrated administrative experience in an operational and technical environment.
- Demonstrated high-level customer service skills.
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated high-level organisational skills – ability to multi task.
- Demonstrated high-level initiative and high work standards.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and identify patterns in data from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated computer skills with high-level literacy and proficiency in the following:
- Microsoft Office 365, specifically Excel 2016, Word 2016 and Outlook.
- Apple iPads and iPhones, android devices and apps.
- Demonstrated strong skills with corporate electronic document management systems and third party data management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of the Workplace Health & Safety and EEO principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Class C Driver's Licence
- Relevant qualifications in administration/business or similar.
- Experience in the parking/traffic & transport industry.
- Knowledge and experience in a Local Government environment.
- Previous administrative experience in corporate electronic document management such as ECM, IVR (integrative voice response) technology and customer requests management systems CRM.
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbour view work locations
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to flexi-time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
To view the Position Description, Click Here
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions.
Closing Date: 12 April 2021 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply. North Sydney Council fosters the concept of equity and fairness across all facets of employment including recruitment, promotion, training and equity of access to benefits for staff.