Streets Alive Project Officer
Salary range from: $64,952 to $77,557 pa + 9.5% superannuation + $1,000 pa transport allowance
35 hour week with access to flexi time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
The Streets Alive team are currently looking for a motivated, hardworking team member to come on board as the Streets Alive Project Officer.
This is a great opportunity to get involved and gain valuable experience within our three Council run volunteer programs - Streets Alive, Community Gardens and HarbourCare. This varied and diverse role involves liaising and working with residents in garden design, providing horticultural advice and assisting in the general day to day operations of the three programs which include; delivering plants & garden products, record keeping, overseeing working bees and building rapport with the volunteer groups.
Please note that this position does require the successful applicant to have availability for ad-hoc Saturday mornings out in the field.
- Certificate in Horticulture (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to work with others/community volunteers
- High level communication skills
- Current Driver’s Licence, Class C
- Project malmanagement experience
- Computer literacy skills
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to complete)
- Exposure to landscape design
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week with access to flex-time for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Enjoy an easy walk to spectacular harbour views during lunch
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 15 April 2021 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply. North Sydney Council fosters the concept of equity and fairness across all facets of employment including recruitment, promotion, training and equity of access to benefits for staff.