Part Time - 3 days pw - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Hourly Rate: $32.23 to $38.40 ph (inclusive of industry allowance) + 9.5% superannuation
+ Transport allowance + Uniform Provided
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands and a bustling CBD.
The Bushland Management Team is responsible for rehabilitating the ecological health and biodiversity of bushland areas using best-practice bush regeneration and revegetation techniques as well as maintaining recreational facilities in reserves such as barbeques and walking tracks. The position is also responsible for undertaking a diverse range of activities comprising of an extensive volunteer program, community education and general bushland rehabilitation activities.
The role would suit a qualified and experienced bush regenerator / site supervisor with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
This permanent part time position will be based out of the Bushcare Community Nursery, located at the Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability at Waverton.
- Certificate III in Conservation & Land Management – Natural Areas Restoration, or equivalent.
- NSW Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others.
- Clear communication/interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with volunteer groups related to community involvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to work on weekends when required.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to follow Council’s Work Health & Safety policies.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Experience using power tools (i.e. drills, chainsaws, brush-cutters) commonly utilised in bushland management.
- Current ‘Chem-cert’ Certificate (AQF Level 3) or equivalent qualification.
- National Construction Induction (i.e. White Card).
- Current Chainsaw Certification to cross-cut standard or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in implementing pest animal control activities.
- NSW Rural Fire Service Basic Firefighter qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in environmental education/interpretation.
- Computer literacy.
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week with access to flex-time for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Enjoy an easy walk to spectacular harbour views during lunch
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 20 April 2021 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply. North Sydney Council fosters the concept of equity and fairness across all facets of employment including recruitment, promotion, training and equity of access to benefits for staff.