Engineering Project Manager
3 Year Term Contract
Salary Range: $138,724 to $147,171 pa + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance pa + 10% super + access to pool vehicle or $9,000 pa vehicle offset allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Engineering Project Manager to join our delivery-focused Engineering Infrastructure team for a 3-year Term Contract.
This position plays a fundamental role in Council meeting its business strategies and delivery program, with key responsibilities including undertaking engineering investigations and the design of Council’s civil capital works program, including the village centre upgrades, North Sydney centre upgrades and other civil projects which arise. This role will manage contractors and consultants as well as community consultation, planning, the preparation of surveys, conceptual designs and preliminary cost estimates, whilst ensuring the completed designs are cost-effective and suitable for construction and adhere to contracts.
Some of the Key Projects this position will be responsible for delivering will include; major involvement in the redevelopment of North Sydney Olympic Pool, as well as Public Domain and Village Centre upgrades across North Sydney, the Cycleway Infrastructure Government Grants program and Council’s Special Rate Variation Civil Infrastructure Works program.
Discover more about our major works, Olympic Pool Redevelopment
- Tertiary Qualifications in Construction Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, Landscape Architecture or related field
- Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects and programs simultaneously, including urban design and public domain projects
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with public authorities and an understanding of the impact of authorities on projects and programs
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration and familiarity with alternate forms of contracts, including but not limited to AS2124, AS 4000 (Construction) and AS4122 (Consultancies)
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation and dispute resolution on complex and sensitive issues relating to projects and programs for public domain upgrades and construction,
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in computer aided design programs such as AutoCAD
- Detailed knowledge of current design, construction standards and techniques including Australian Standards and the BCA
- Demonstrated Experience in Project Management portal and cloud based document management programs
- Demonstrated ability to reason conceptually, manage long term complex projects and implement new systems
- Demonstrated experience in MS Project, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of EEO and WHS legislation and responsibilities
- Demonstrated high level negotiation, team and communication skills
- A strong customer focus
- Qualifications in Project Management or equivalent
- General construction induction card (White Card as issued by Work Cover NSW)
- An understanding of the local government environment including policies, practices and the ability to work within relevant legislation
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems
When you join North Sydney Council you become a part of a team that is dedicated to providing a wide range of quality services to North Sydney residents and the larger community. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
3-Year Term Contract - To view the Position Description, Click Here
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions.
Closing Date: 19 September 2021 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply. North Sydney Council fosters the concept of equity and fairness across all facets of employment including recruitment, promotion, training and equity of access to benefits for staff.