Ouvets Halswell is located just outside of Christchurch, New Zealand. Halswell is a quiet suburban retreat which offers a quiet lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Visit Halswell Quarry Park to discover spectacular recreational walks, historic sites and botanical gardens. Take a short 25 minute drive into the heart of Christchurch and explore the largest city in the South Island. Known for its urban regeneration, vibrancy, friendly culture and rich heritage, it is no wonder Christchurch is such a popular destination! If this sounds like the lifestyle for you, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
An exciting opportunity exists for a Lead Veterinarian to take the reins at the well-established, fast-paced Ourvets clinic in Halswell.
Ourvets Halswell is a fully equipped companion animal veterinary clinic with a dynamic and motivated team who are extremely passionate about pets and love what they do. We understand and appreciate the bond that pet parents have with their pets and we are committed to offering exceptional service and the very best in veterinary medicine.
- An up-front Sign-On Bonus of $5,000NZD
- An excellent salary commensurate with experience and skill-set
- Bonus scheme, relocation assistance or sponsorship if required
- Annual study allowance and study leave, as well as registrations and VIN membership,
- Regular development opportunities with hands-on workshops in a range of topics, from imaging through to orthopaedic surgery, through our Veterinary Training Centres.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced and confident Veterinarian, capable of team and case leadership,
- Sole charge and practice management skills, with ability to manage the overall clinic workload
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude, and
- BVsc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand.
For further information about our clinic, please visit: www.ourvets.co.nz
Our clinic is part National Veterinary Care (NVC), a group of 97 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having an highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centre – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more!
We empower our Lead Vets to run their clinics the way they see fit, providing admin support where needed. We don't re-brand our clinics. We empower our Graduates to achieve their goals through mentoring, internships and hands on workshops. We empower our Nurses to support their teams through upskilling and team consulting. Our scale allows us to ensure our clinics are well equipped and maintained, but we still want each individual clinic to have their own personality in their communities. Our Wellness Program allows you to teach your clients about preventative healthcare and build lasting relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a strong network that is known for putting standards of care first. If this opportunity is for you, we would love to hear from you! Please contact Shanda Lodge, Recruitment Coordinator, via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 407 300 263 for a confidential discussion.