Who are we?
At Ponsonby Vet we care for pets like family. We aim to provide first class care for our patients and exceed the expectations of our patient’s, owners and family. Our modern Veterinary Surgery provides family style care, where modern day Veterinary medicine meets traditional old-fashioned quality service with a smile.
Where are we located?
Ponsonby Vet is located in Grey Lynn, just 3 kilometres west of Auckland city. Rated the third most liveable city in the world, Auckland is a thriving multi-cultural hub of cuisine, music, art and culture. Please visit https://www.newzealand.com/au/auckland/ for more information on our location.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time, experienced Veterinarian to join our busy team. We are looking for someone with the with energy and drive to make a real difference, with a commitment and passion for quality practice and high standards of care, along with a great team spirit.
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave for annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependents, if applicable.
- Relocation allowance, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- BVsc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand
- An experienced and confident Veterinarian with at least 2 years’ practical experience
- A commitment to provide exceptional patient care
- Willingness to commit to at least 30 hours per week
- Ability to oversee the caseload and work autonomously
- Exceptional communication and client relationship building skills.
For further information, please visit http://petvet.co.nz/
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of 97 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://nvcltd.com.au/Veterinary-Training-Centre/
What is it like to work for NVC?
Let our staff tell you themselves!
‘Since coming to work for NVC, my whole outlook on my job, career and ultimately my life has substantially improved. I love that the ethos at NVC is to invest in people, treat them well and show them that they are valued. I have certainly felt that.’ – Louise Parry, Lead Veterinarian, Everton Park Veterinary Surgery
‘Yesterday afternoon we did a stitch up or a dog's ear. The case was referred to us by another vet group who had vets available but refused to see the case. I believe this would never happen at NVC because of the great culture that our CEO has worked hard to infuse through NVC and which I hope we never lose’. – Peter Elliott, Lead Veterinarian, Vetcall Ashmore
Watch our video to find out more https://nvcltd.com.au/careers/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat.
Please contact Shanda Lodge, Recruitment Coordinator, via email@example.com or +61 407 300 263 or Apply Now.
This position offers a negotiable base salary range of $50,000 - $90,000 (pro rata for part-time), dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience. Whilst NVC seeks to source applicants who meet the above criteria and skill set, alternative applicant’s may still be considered. In these cases, the base salary is subject to change to suit.