Who are we?
Pet Doctors Harewood is a companion animal veterinary practice driven by the highest standards of care and patient well-being. We are an experienced team of 4 veterinarians and 8 veterinary nurses, led by our highly qualified and driven clinical Lead Vet and Team Leader. Our clinic sees a variety of cases, some challenging, and we encourage best practice medicine in all cases to allow for comprehensive investigation and treatment. The clinic itself is well-resourced for a variety of medical procedures and critical cases and our specialist clinic is just around the corner for any referral cases.
Where are we located?
Harewood is a suburb of Christchurch, located north west of the city centre. Christchurch is a vibrant, multicultural city that offers a range of sporting pursuits, including water surfing, hiking and mountain biking. With an airport in close vicinity, the ski slopes within an hours’ drive and great schools on offer.
What are we looking for?
This position offers 30 hour per week, spread across 4 to 5 days each week with occasional weekend work. The ideal candidate will have a commitment and passion for quality practice and high standards of care. We’re interested to hear from vets who are confident in their practice and who love what they do! You will be replacing an experienced member of our team, so ideally you can hit the ground running.
What we can offer you:
- Generous remuneration, commensurate with experience
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in New Zealand or Australia
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependents, if applicable.
- Relocation allowance, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand
- An experienced and confident Veterinarian with at least 2 years’ practical experience
- A commitment to provide exceptional patient care
- Willingness to commit to at least 30 hours per week
- Ability to oversee the caseload and work autonomously
- Exceptional communication and client relationship building skills.
For further information, please visit https://www.nzpetdoctors.co.nz/clinic/harewood
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of 97 clinics located across New Zealand and Australia.
What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://nvcltd.com.au/Veterinary-Training-Centre/
What is it like to work for NVC?
Let our staff tell you themselves!
‘Since coming to work for NVC, my whole outlook on my job, career and ultimately my life has substantially improved. I love that the ethos at NVC is to invest in people, treat them well and show them that they are valued. I have certainly felt that.’ – Louise Parry, Lead Veterinarian, Everton Park Veterinary Surgery
‘Yesterday afternoon we did a stitch up or a dog's ear. The case was referred to us by another vet group who had vets available but refused to see the case. I believe this would never happen at NVC because of the great culture that our CEO has worked hard to infuse through NVC and which I hope we never lose’. – Peter Elliott, Lead Veterinarian, Vetcall Ashmore
Watch our video to find out more https://nvcltd.com.au/careers/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat.
Please contact Shanda Lodge, Recruitment Coordinator, via firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Now.