PetVet Silverstream is a small animal veterinary clinic located in Upper Hutt, Wellington. Our Mission is to provide our clients and their pets with excellent veterinary service and quality pet products while delivering superior veterinary skills, technology and advice within a friendly caring environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for Senior Veterinarian to join our team. Our clinic is a purpose-built facility with equipment including DR dental X-ray and digital X-ray, enabling us to offer in-clinic procedures for most pet health and medical needs. In addition, we are part of a local referral network with opportunities to work with Vets with special interests in CA Surgery, CA medicine, Dermatology, Ophthalmology & Feline Medicine.
Joining a team of two Veterinarians, three Nurses and six support staff, this position is fulltime, including some weekend work and after hours required.
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave for annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependants, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand
- A minimum of 4 years’ practical experience with leadership capabilities
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Ability to contribute to a small amount of on-call for Police Dog whelping’s (with generous remuneration).
For further information, please visit http://www.petvet.net.nz/
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of 97 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://nvcltd.com.au/Veterinary-Training-Centre/
What is it like to work for NVC?
Let our staff tell you themselves!
‘Since coming to work for NVC, my whole outlook on my job, career and ultimately my life has substantially improved. I love that the ethos at NVC is to invest in people, treat them well and show them that they are valued. I have certainly felt that.’ – Louise Parry, Lead Veterinarian, Everton Park Veterinary Surgery
‘Yesterday afternoon we did a stitch up or a dog's ear. The case was referred to us by another vet group who had vets available but refused to see the case. I believe this would never happen at NVC because of the great culture that our CEO has worked hard to infuse through NVC and which I hope we never lose’. – Peter Elliott, Lead Veterinarian, Vetcall Ashmore
Watch our video to find out more https://nvcltd.com.au/careers/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat.
Please contact Shanda Lodge, Recruitment Coordinator, via email@example.com or 0407 300 263 or Apply Now.