Pet Doctors Auckland (St Lukes) is located in magnificent New Zealand. Auckland is based between two large harbours in the Northern Island. Visit the iconic Sky Tower which has panoramic views of the city as well as bungee jumping for the adventurous! Paddle out to a dormant volcano on a kayak and climb to the summit to behold breath taking views across the harbour and the city. Visit SEALIFE and meet some penguins and other underwater animals! Discover the Maori culture and learn all there is to know about their way of life. If you wish to learn more about this location, please visit https://www.aucklandnz.com/visit/discover/top-10s/10-things-you-can-only-do-in-auckland
Pet Doctors in Auckland (St Lukes) has an opportunity for a full-time Exotics Veterinarian to join our exotics and wildlife team. In this role, you will receive training from word class exotics veterinarians and work in a purpose-built clinic!
We cater to all companion pet species, including cats, dogs, and everything in-between! We are both a companion animal and exotics practice, and our team is dedicated to providing a high standard of care. Between our 4 vets, 7 nurses, 4 animal care attendants and two dedicated client relations officers, we are able to cater for the specialised medical and surgical needs of birds including backyard chickens, lizards, turtles & tortoises, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, mice, and cats and dogs. Our purpose-built clinic and dedicated team also offer boarding facilities for the exotic pets and a cattery. We are located in an area with plenty of parking and near a variety of shops (as well as the St Lukes mall). We are open 7 days, as we are one of the few clinics in Auckland with special facilities to care for a variety of species.
What will you be doing at our clinic:
- This would suit eithera small animal Veterinarian who has a special interest in exotics or an experienced Exotics veterinarian, who is keen to work in our purpose-built clinic in Auckland.
- The ratio of the role is 80% exotics and 20% companion animal, as we cater to both in the clinic.
- This is full-time, permanent position. The clinic is open 7 days and there will be some rostered weekend work. There will be no after-hours services required.
A bit about you:
- You are a qualified veterinarian who has a passion for exotic animals! You are able to work alongside others and are interested in either developing your exotics’ skillset or showing us the skillset, you already have! It is important that you are confident with routine procedures with companion animals, as part of the role will require treatment of these species!
- You are able to work a 40-hour week, with intermittent weekend work, and are passionate about providing the highest standard of care to our patients.
- You enjoy working in an environment where you will be exposed to a variety of species and understand the importance of collaboration and teamwork when it comes to patient care.
What’s on offer:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centers
- Continuing education allowance and study leave for annum
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
Our clinic is part of National Veterinary Care (NVC), a group of nearly 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://nvcltd.com.au/Veterinary-Training-Centre/
For further information about our clinic, please visit https://www.nzpetdoctors.co.nz/clinic/st-lukes-exotics
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and challenging and rewarding cases, please Apply Now or contact Shanda Lodge via firstname.lastname@example.org