Pet Doctors Templeton is located on the outskirts of Christchurch. Our city of Christchurch is the second largest city in New Zealand and has an international airport. Christchurch is in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand, and there is easy access to beaches, ski-fields, tramping, floatable rivers etc. Stunning destinations such as Queenstown, the West Coast and Wanaka are within driving distance. Because Christchurch was one of the first cities settled in New Zealand there is a strong heritage and history, the city has beautiful park land and botanical gardens. Newly completed cycle ways make it easy to navigate around and through the city centre. https://www.christchurchnz.com/what-to-see-and-do/a-guide-to-the-christchurch-cbd/
We are a small but well-equipped clinic with digital x-ray processing, in house blood machines (Idexx) and an iM3 dental unit etc. The clinic is sole charge, and there are two other part time veterinarians based here, we are a close friendly team, and we work in well with our larger sister clinics around us. https://petdoctorstempleton.co.nz/about
Our clinic is seeking a part-time Veterinarian or part-time Lead Veterinarian to join the team working approximately 28-35 hours per week and the hours are negotiable. We are looking for someone with commitment and passion for quality practice and high standards of care, along with a great team spirit. We are a family friendly clinic and most of our team are working Mums.
We also offer an excellent wellness program for our patients https://bestforpet.co.nz/
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres (one is in Christchurch) https://veterinarytrainingcentre.co.nz/
- Unlimited online training through the National Veterinary Care online training centre
- Continuing education and study leave per annum allowance
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our National Veterinary Care clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- $5,000 sign on bonus for candidates who apply directly with National Veterinary Care (dependent on conditions being met)
- Visa sponsorship for eligible international candidates
- Assistance with re-location if applicable
What you can offer us:
- BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand
- A commitment to provide exceptional patient care
- Ability to oversee the caseload and work autonomously
- Exceptional communication to both our external and internal clients.
- Strong client relationship building skills
National Veterinary Care (NVC) is a group of 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand.
What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, and a Veterinary Operations Manager based in New Zealand. They help keep our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We also achieve this through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour, dentistry, ultrasound through to orthopaedic surgery.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Please contact Tayla Hayes, Recruitment Team Leader, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0407 300 263 or Apply Now.
This position offers a negotiable base salary range of $50,000 - $90,000 (pro rata for part-time), dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience. Whilst NVC seeks to source applicants who meet the above criteria and skill set, alternative applicant’s may still be considered. In these cases, the base salary is subject to change to suit.