Exotics Locum Veterinarian
Pet Doctors St Lukes is seeking an Exotics Locum Veterinarian to join our team from 3 February – 3 May! (or part thereof)
We cater to all companion pet species, including cats, dogs, and everything in-between! We are both a companion animal and exotics practice, and our team is dedicated to providing a high standard of care. Between our 4 vets, 7 nurses, 2 animal care attendants and 2 dedicated client relations officers, we are able to cater for the specialised medical and surgical needs of birds including backyard chickens, lizards, turtles & tortoises, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, mice, cats and dogs. Our purpose-built clinic and dedicated team also offer boarding facilities for the exotic pets.
About the role:
- This is full-time locum position, working Monday to Friday and alternate Saturdays.
- On call will be required on Sunday (of the weekend rostered to work) for inpatients only
- The ratio of the role is 80% exotics and 20% companion animal, as we cater to both in the clinic.
- No sole charge required
- Travel assistance is available
A bit about you:
- You are a veterinarian who has a passion and solid experience in exotic animals!
- You are happy to provide guidance to our graduate veterinarians
- It is important that you are confident with routine procedures with companion animals, as part of the role will require treatment of these species!
- You enjoy working in an environment where you will be exposed to a variety of species and understand the importance of collaboration and teamwork when it comes to patient care.
- You must have a valid NZ visa (if applicable)
For further information about our clinic, please visit https://www.nzpetdoctors.co.nz/clinic/st-lukes-exotics
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and challenging and rewarding cases, please apply now!