Truck Fleet Manager – National role
Noble Park North
We are on the lookout for a passionate and experienced leader to join our industry leading business.
- Employer of Choice - Australian Business Awards 2020!
- Industry leader
- Located in Noble Park
Who we are
Nationwide Group is the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist towing and transport solutions in Australia. Over 600 Nationwide representatives provide services in Victoria, NSW, Queensland, and WA.
We provide services to B2B and B2C markets. Our customers include government bodies, law enforcement and road authorities, major national and international corporations, and Australian automotive clubs.
What we care about
We are proud to keep Australia moving. We’re here to deliver Australia’s most trusted roadside and transport solutions. We believe in:
- Innovation – seek to create a better way
- Accountability – own it, see it through
- Courage – challenge yourself and others to grow
- Teamwork – together, we achieve more
Above all, we care about you. How do we do this? We offer flexible working arrangements, genuine opportunities for career progression, an employee benefits program and much more. We have even won awards for our investment in people, including an Employer of Choice 2020 in the Australian Business Awards.
Some of the advantages of joining our team
- Employee Benefits Program - includes roadside assistance membership, insurance & RACV accommodation discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working arrangements
Reporting to the General Manager, this new role will be responsible for overseeing the Fleet operations and logistics, leading the Fleet team (10 FTE) for Nationwide Towing & Transport, Eastern Van Services and Nationwide Roadside Services.
In this role you will:
- Head up a team that manages a national commercial fleet of trucks, trailers, vans, cars, and equipment totalling 500
- Develop the fleet strategy to strive for zero/reduced emissions including alternative fuels, Hydrogen and EVs, cost controls, safety standards, maintenance, and company compliance
- Implement technology innovation for fleet management, driving behaviours, fuel economy, incident management etc., through telematics
- Provide strong leadership and management of the department to ensure high performance outcomes
- Ensure adherence and compliance to Safety Management System (AS 4801), Quality Management System (ISO9001) and Environment Management System (ISO14001) across the department and its functions
- Procure all trucks, trailers, vans, cars, company services and parts/consumables
- Coordinate the commissioning of new fleet for national distribution, including licencing, registration, insurance, and conduct annual and ad-hoc audits
- Oversee all fleet and equipment management, including ensuring the fleet is safe, serviced and repaired to Nationwide Group standards
- Manage the end of month reporting process for the business unit and fleet related invoices and payments
- Provide all hours support to the national fleet
- The role will require travel domestically to visit and review Nationwide Group sites as required
Skills & experience
- Multiyear experience of managing national logistics operations
- Experience of leading large fleet and contractor workforce
- 5+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- The ability to diagnose operational problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Experience of managing 24/7 operations
How to apply
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf formats accepted only).
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check.
Nationwide Group is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.