Team Leader - Nightshift
Noble Park North
Who we are
Nationwide Towing & Transport is a part of Nationwide Group, the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist towing and transport solutions in Australia. Over 600 Nationwide representatives provide services in Victoria, NSW, Queensland and WA.
Providing towing, transport, storage and impound services, Nationwide Towing & Transport’s customers include government bodies, law enforcement and road authorities, major national and international corporations, and Australian automotive clubs.
What we care about
We are proud to keep Australia moving. We’re here to deliver Australia’s most trusted roadside and transport solutions. We believe in:
- Innovation – seek to create a better way
- Accountability – own it, see it through
- Courage – challenge yourself and others to grow
- Teamwork – together, we achieve more
Above all, we care about you. How do we do this? We offer flexible working arrangements, genuine opportunities for career progression, an employee benefits program and much more. We’ve even won awards for our investment in people, including an Employer of Choice 2020 and 2021 in the Australian Business Awards.
Due to continuous business growth, we are currently in search of three energetic and passionate Dispatch Team Leaders to join our dynamic Vehicle Dispatch team located at our head office in Noble Park on a full-time basis.
This is a challenging and varied role where every day is different. Our team is committed to customer service and delivering required outcomes on time, every time. Personal and professional development is important to us and we are committed to recognising and rewarding achievements.
Additionally, we offer a friendly team environment, an extensive induction and training program and opportunities for career progression. We encourage, support and nurture initiative. Above all, we value our people!
The successful candidate must be available to work between the hours of 2.00pm and 12:00am and weekends.
- Provide leadership to the Vehicle Dispatch team
- Support the Vehicle Dispatch Manager
- Support and mentor team members
- Assist with training and re-training of staff in line with current policies and procedures
- Provide the highest level of customer service and communication
- Coordinate the flow of timely information to and from our customers
- Answer customer calls, service queries, provide updates and ETAs
- Plan and dispatch trucks in accordance with customer timeframes and workloads
- Develop relationships with our drivers and key customers
- Communicate effectively with drivers to resolve transport issues as they arise
- Liaise with fleet allocators to ensure all delivery requirements are adhered to
- Use initiative to find customer focused solutions
- Actively engage in a culture of business improvement
Some of the advantages of joining our team
- Employee benefits program, including roadside assistance membership, insurance and accommodation discounts
- Opportunities for career development
- Friendly team environment
- Culture club with social and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Induction & training
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will have proven experience in Transport & Logistics or a similar environment, and a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Leadership skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for error
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to communicate and work well with all types of internal and external customers
- The capacity to meet strict deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Team player with a positive energy
- Professional and motivated work ethic
- Intermediate computer skills
How to apply
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf formats accepted only).
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check
Nationwide Group is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.