Release Primary/Secondary Teacher
- Bring your teaching experience to this incredibly rewarding opportunity!
- Work as the Release teacher at a remote Indigenous school!
- Based in remote NT - Get to know spectacular parts of outback Australia.
- Attractive salary circa $73,000 - $105,000 plus a range of benefits!
About the Opportunity
Nyangatjatjara College (NC) currently has a rewarding opportunity for an Upper Primary School or a Lower Secondary Teacher to be the Release Teacher.
Supporting between 5-10 students, you will be providing release time for the class teacher and individual support for some students.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Planning and preparing engaging lessons to improve student learning outcomes;
- Teaching students according to their educational needs;
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on the attendance, progress, and development and attainment of students;
- Providing oral and written assessments and reports for individual students;
- Taking part of the school's staff professional development program; and
- Working as a member of a team to contribute to effective working relations within the school.
You will be supporting the teaching of a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
You will also be facilitating and encouraging a learning experience for students whilst reviewing, developing and managing the activities related to curriculum, policies, and organisation of the school.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified teacher and have demonstrated experience working with junior or senior students. You will also hold (or be eligible to obtain) registration with the Teacher Registration Board of NT, a First Aid Certificate, a Manual NT Driver's License, a Northern Territory Working with Children Card (Ochre Card) and be willing to undergo a criminal history check.
A dedication to providing effective learning programs and an understanding of teaching strategies to cater for the cultural needs of your students is essential.
NC is seeking a teacher who:
- Has a sense of humour and a can-do attitude;
- Is patient and empathetic;
- Always puts their students ahead of themselves;
- Has the courage to 'keep going';
- Maintains professional standards in tough circumstances, and mostly,
- Is truly passionate about the education they are providing.
About the Benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to become involved with a dynamic, supportive and social workplace, and get to experience the true Australian outback, something most people never get to experience!
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary circa $73,000 - $105,000 based on your skills and experience! Additionally, you'll be able to greatly increase your take-home salary with access to salary sacrificing options! There is also a remote area allowance.
Relocation assistance is available, and you'll be provided with your own private accommodation with all utilities, including internet, paid for by the organisation.
In addition, NC provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
About the Organisation and Region
Nyangatjatjara College (NC)
Nyangatjatjara College (NC) opened its doors for the first time on July 21st 1997.
NC provides secondary education across three remote communities, and primary education in one (Docker River). All of their students are Anangu and almost all speak Pitjantjatjara as their first language. NAC are the only secondary education provider in the Northern Territory south of Alice Springs.
About the Region
This region of Australia is home to the real outback, with stunning countryside steeped in culture and history. You'll get to enjoy all this environment has to offer with magnificent national parks and all the space to enjoy the peace, tranquility and beauty of the land and its people. This part of the country is where Uluru, one of the world's true natural wonders, can be found.
If you are looking for a role in which you can drive positive change - Apply Now!