Support Coordinator/Recovery Coach
- Full time, based in Western Sydney
- SCHCADS Level 4 with NFP generous salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements - office and home
- Desirable languages - Vietnamese, Filipino, Mandarin
About One Door
One Door Mental Health is a leading for purpose service provider for those living with mental illness, their families and carers.
Our community creates a safe place that connects people, our services are innovative and supported by more than 30 years of experience, and our advocacy work is putting an end to stigma through education and understanding.
Creating a world in which people with a mental illness are valued and treated as equals is at the heart of everything we do.
In the NDIS stream, One Door operates locally as self-organising teams, where team members are collectively responsible and accountable for most aspects of delivering services.
About the Role
The Support Coordinator will work with consumers to support the implementation of their NDIS plans. This includes assisting the consumer to locate the services and supports that they require to meet the goals in their plan and to maintain their linkages to other services including housing, health and education. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a very good working knowledge of the NDIS support items under the NDIS Guidelines
- Provide coordination of supports for One Door NDIS consumers
- Liaise with service providers to ensure access to services for consumers
- Understand NDIS consumers’ packages to be able to negotiate services and prices with preferred providers
- Determine budgets for support items and advise Plan Manager of the breakdown of funds
- Attend regular meetings with consumer and service provider/s to ensure service is adequate to the consumer’s needs
- Provide reports to the NDIA at the required timeframes (8 weeks and 6 months) on the outcomes and success indicators of the consumer’s plan
- Develop NDIS Service Agreements and service bookings with consumers and/or providers where appropriate
To succeed in this role, we are looking for:
- Demonstrate values consistent with person-centred ways of working and supporting the person’s choice and control
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in mental health, health or welfare degree, or Cert IV in mental health and substantial years of relevant experience or equivalent level of expertise attained through previous appointments, service and study.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a mental health environment and a thorough understanding of recovery-oriented principles in mental healthcare
- High level communication, liaison and negotiation skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work, while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Strong local knowledge of the relevant health and welfare sectors
- CALD background highly desirable
A copy of the position description can be viewed here.
Your values and our values
Our values are integral to everything that we are as an organisation and how we interact with each other, our consumers and carers. As you consider whether this role is for you, please take some time to reflect on your own values and One Door’s values. Click here to view our values ASPIRE to work out if they resonate with you.
APPLY NOW! Don't miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation that is purpose and values driven!
Please contact email@example.com for more information regarding this role.
One Door Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.