- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rates - $30.14 per hour
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Full-Time (38 hours p/wk ) or job share will be considered | Part Time (20 hours p/wk)
- Office based in Broadmeadows (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. We employ over 800 staff and operate from multiple offices in Melbourne, Hobart and regional Victoria. Wintringham is a major provider of home care. Our team of Carer’s, Case Managers, Outreach Workers, Care & Support Workers and Recreation staff provide holistic care and support to clients who live independently in their own homes. The care provided to Wintringham clients is carried out with the underlying principles of social justice
Your new role
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Administration Assistant to join our newest tight knit community services team in Broadmeadows on a full-time basis (38 hours per week) or part-time basis (Job shared role 20 hours per week). Applicants must have the availability to pick up additional hours to cover their job share partner’s periods of planned leave.
The available hours are:
- Full- Time: Monday – Friday (0900-1706) or
- Part-Time A:Monday (0830-1700) Tuesday (0830-1700) &Wednesday (0830– 1230)
- Part-Time B: Wednesday (1230-1700) Thursday (0830-1700) & Friday (0830-1700)
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to Community Site Manager, Case Managers and Housing & Outreach staff
- Develop, co-ordinate and maintain the administration functions and program records of the office.
- Act as a central Receptionist to the office and answer all incoming calls, contacts and enquiries in a professional, friendly and helpful manner.
- Manage the office petty cash and monitor clients’ trust money including counting, recording and signing in and out of money.
- Enter data into Pay global (MYOB), Goldcare and Samcare, as required.
- Other administrative duties as directed by the Community Manager.
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Where applicable, we will offer flexible working hours that suit your life.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
What we will require from you:
- Excellent administration skills ( Previous experience -in a similar role would be favourable)
- An understanding of Aged Care processes
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- General IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
- A caring and non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the PD Link 'HERE'
Applications can be directed to Lexi Scardamaglia (Regional Manager Community Services Support - Outer North Melbourne) and submitted by filling out the information below.
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 21st April 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.