Remote Area Nurse
Location: East Pilbara - Communities of Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji via Newman
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Category: Permanent
Remuneration: $116,378.00 to $136,145.80 p.a. + super + salary sacrifice
About the Opportunity
The Remote Area Nurse is responsible for promoting wellbeing, treat illness, maintain health systems to support Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service’s (PAMS) core business and encourage community health action in order to contribute to better health outcomes for people within the Eastern Pilbara desert communities of Parnngurr, Punmu, Jigalong and Kunawarritji.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of three (3) years post registration experience.
- Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA’s) Code of Conduct of Registered Nurses and Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Experience, skills and knowledge working in a multidisciplinary team in a primary health care setting including teamwork and conflict management.
- Well-developed primary health care skills and clear understanding of the scope of practice of the Remote Area Nurse.
- Sound understanding of the principles of primary health care and the model of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services.
- A respect for Aboriginal culture and demonstrated ability to practice in a culturally safe and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting remote Aboriginal health and drivers of health inequality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience working with electronic patient information management systems (e.g. Communicare)
- Current Understanding Vaccines and the National Immunisation Program Certificate or willingness to obtain within the first six weeks of commencement.
- Current First Aid or Intermediate / Advanced Life Support Certificate.
The position involves working with a multicultural organisation where the majority of staff, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) PAMS actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require an unrestricted WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence, and be required to submit a National Police Clearance (dated within 3 months) and Working With Children Check prior to appointment, in order to be eligible for the position.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia and will be required to provide evidence of this entitlement. Acceptable evidence includes an Australian or New Zealand passport, birth certificate, or foreign passport with relevant visa.
About the Benefits
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package including a base salary of $116,378.00 to $ 136,145.80 per annum plus superannuation. You'll also gain access to generous salary packaging options, which will greatly increase your take home pay. In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- 13 weeks’ leave plus 6.73 % leave loading
- Paid flights for each rostered rotation to and from place of origin
- Support to further invest in your career through additional training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retention Initiatives in accordance with the PAMS Employee Remuneration Policy
This position offers the opportunity to work closely with remote Aboriginal communities and make a drastic impact to the health and well-being outcomes of these communities.
PAMS operates four remote sites, where services are delivered by a range of clinicians and ancillary workers. The successful candidates must be prepared from time to time to work across any one of these sites should they be required.
PAMS operates in some of the most remote parts of Australia and staff are required to be proficient at driving a 4WD vehicle and willing to fly in light aircrafts.
About the Organisation
With an administrative hub based in Newman, in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, The Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS) provides holistic primary health care to the individuals and families within Newman and the remote communities of Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji.
PAMS has over 700 registered clients; Services offered include health education and promotion programs and initiatives, as well as the monitoring and management of ongoing health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, ante-natal & post-natal care and child health.
Shortlisting will commence immediately;
For further information about this position please call Aakriti Yadav, Human Resource Advisor on (08) 9177 8307.
Please fill out you Personal Details below.