Employment Type: Permanent
Employment Category: Full-time
Remuneration: $ 63,763.26 p.a. to $ 73,169.19 p.a. + super + benefits
About the Opportunity
The Administration Officer is responsible for providing PAMS with end-to-end administration support across the Corporate Services Unit, including but not limiting support to administration of assets, property, and accommodation.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Possession of Certificate III in Business or equivalent and/or demonstrated working experience as an Administrator or a similar role;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Sound written communication skills- able to draft correspondence, edit documents and write instructional information;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills- able to communicate with clients and external visitors, managers and staff at all levels and present a professional image;
- Good keyboard skills and demonstrated competence in the use of business technology and desktop applications including Microsoft Suite;
- Good time management skills with the ability to effectively plan and organise and coordinate own workload;
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively within the team environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to work to deadlines; and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Additionally, desirable criteria include:
- The person identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and is acknowledged as such by their community; and
- Working towards a higher qualification in business or other relevant tertiary qualification is highly desirable.
The position involves working with a multicultural organisation where the majority of staff, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) PAMS actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require an unrestricted WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence, and be required to submit a National Police Clearance (dated within 3 months) and Working With Children Check (where applicable) prior to appointment, in order to be eligible for the position.
All new employees must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate with your application. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia and will be required to provide evidence of this entitlement. Acceptable evidence includes an Australian or New Zealand passport, birth certificate, or foreign passport with relevant visa.
About the Benefits
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package including a base salary of $ 63,763.26 to $ 73,169.19 per annum plus superannuation. You'll also gain access to generous salary packaging options, which will greatly increase your take home pay. In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- 5 weeks’ annual leave + 17.5% leave loading;
- Support to further invest in your career through additional training + study leave options;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Power Subsidy in accordance with the PAMS Employee Remuneration Policy; and
- Retention Initiatives in accordance with the PAMS Employee Remuneration Policy
This position offers the opportunity to work closely with remote Aboriginal communities and make a drastic impact to the health and well-being outcomes of these communities.
PAMS operates five sites, four of which are remote and managed by a team of clinicians and a range of ancillary workers. Although the successful candidates will have a substantive location (Newman) they must be prepared from time to time to work across any one of these sites should they be required.
PAMS operates in some of the most remote parts of Australia and staff are required to be proficient at driving a 4WD vehicle and willing to fly in light aircraft.
About the Organisation
With an administrative hub based in Newman, in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, The Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS) provides holistic primary health care to the individuals and families within Newman and the remote communities of Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji.
PAMS has over 700 registered clients, with most being Martu. Services offered include health education and promotion programs and initiatives, as well as the monitoring and management of ongoing health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, ante-natal & post-natal care and child health
Shortlisting will commence immediately; Applications close 5.00 PM, 15 July 2022
For further information including, please contact Human Resources Team on 08 9177 8307.
Please fill out you Personal Details below.