Food Services Assistant (Casual)
- Work with a rapidly growing organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- $24.33 per hour + super + 25% casual loading
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation that provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. We employ over 800 staff and our Food Services Production Kitchen, located in Avondale Heights, prepares delicious and nutritious meals for our Residential Aged Care sites and Community Aged Care meals program.
Your new role
Wintringham is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Food Services Assistant to join our close-knit Food Services Team on a Casual basis. In this dynamic and fast-paced role, you will be required to work shifts covering Monday to Friday.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation, cooking, delivery and service of appetising nutritious meals for residents and staff.
- Assists the Food Services Team to ensure to that the food services program complies with the food safety act.
- Ensure all meals produced are of a good visual and nutritional standard in quantities appropriate with resident’s needs.
- Ensure all special diets are correct in content.
- Assist in the development, review and maintenance of standard recipes for each menu item.
Wintringham’ s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
What we will need from you:
- A current Food Handlers certificate
- Prior Food Services experience in Aged or Community Care (highly advantageous)
- Strong understanding of Food Safety Requirements
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as autonomously
- Adaptability to changes in the environment.
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Applications can be directed to Monica Cree (Food Services Coordinator) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 17th June 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.