- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Competitive pay rates $23.8032 per hour + super + leave loading
- Part-Time position (10 shifts per f/night) or (5 Shifts per f/night)
- Based in Port Melbourne (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our Port Melbourne Hostel offers affordable, high quality accommodation and care to 35 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join our residential team at Port Melbourne Hostel on a Part-Time basis. The available positions and shifts are:
POSITION A – 10 Shifts per fortnight
Week 1 & 2: Monday – Friday (0800-1400)
POSITION B – 5 Shifts per fortnight
Week 1: Monday, Thursday & Friday (0800-1400)
Week 2: Tuesday & Wednesday (0800-1400)
POSITION C – 5 Shifts per fortnight
Week 1: Tuesday & Wednesday (0800-1400)
Week 2: Monday, Thursday & Friday (0800-1400)
Applicants must have availability to cover all of the above shifts.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To clean resident rooms, office space and staff rooms
- To clean and maintain storage areas.
- To maintain stock levels and cleaners room.
- To clean duplex bathrooms and laundries on a scheduled cycle.
- Cleaning duties as per schedule.
- Assisting the Food Services & Laundry teams from time-to-time
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our staff wellbeing portal as well as our Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Previous experience in a cleaning role (mandatory)
- Have received, are planning to or willing to receive an Influenza Vaccination
- Knowledge and understanding of the special needs of older people
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use cleaning equipment effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Physically able to perform required tasks
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
How to apply:
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the PD link 'HERE'
Applications can be directed to Carolyn Russell (Residential Site Manager – Port Melbourne Hostel) and submitted by filling out the information below.
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 22nd April 2021
Interviews will be held after applications close and shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake a flu vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.