Asset Services - Hobart Maintenance Assistant
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Competitive pay rate
- Company maintained vehicle for business use, tools of trade, and safety equipment is provided
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Full Time
- Based in Bellerive (TAS)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to people aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 850 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, regional Victoria and Tasmania.
Wintringham owns, operates and maintains property, plant, and equipment which is of prime importance to ensure the provision of a safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors. The Asset Services department is charged with the responsibility of maintaining and enhancing Wintringham’s assets to ensure the organisation can continue to provide a safe and secure environment.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a motivated and confident Maintenance (Asset Services) Officer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a trade or maintenance role to join our Asset Services team on a Full Time – Ongoing basis. This role will undertake programmed and general maintenance tasks Wintringham sites across Hobart and Southern Tasmania. You will need to have a professional approach to customer service in this resident and client facing role which will assist in the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
If you describe yourself as a self-starter, with excellent communications skills with the desire to solve problems and help people, this role is for you! We are seeking candidates with around 5 years of experience in a trade, maintenance, or facilities management role who can bring a basic knowledge of building construction methods and materials. Whilst predominantly based at Wintringham Hobart residential aged care facility, this role may require regular maintenance visits to other Wintringham sites.
Your responsibilities and duties include:
- Undertake a broad range of general maintenance tasks, both reactive and planned, which may include maintenance, inspection, and repair of buildings and equipment
- Example: door adjustments, lamp replacement, gutter cleaning, basic carpentry, basic plumbing, painting, hoists, appliances, etc…
- Actively assist with Essential Services compliance, including monitoring of contractor service frequency to ensure relevant activities are completed in a timely fashion
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled and in accordance with relevant task outlines
- Engage and coordinate contractors for specific tasks as required
- Ensuring Work Orders and CMMS are updated with essential & relevant information as per Asset Services standards
- Close work orders once competed, updating final costs and activity hours
- Liaise with Residential Site Managers, Community Managers, Wintringham Housing Staff and other Wintringham Business Service programs
- Completion of all tasks in accordance with safe work practices
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe, and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A current Tasmanian drivers licence (a work vehicle is provided for use during business hours)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a trade, maintenance, or facilities management role
- Ability to work independently and manage, plan, and organise one’s own work
- Competent manual skills in various building trades
- Competency to safely use and maintain hand tools, power tools, and garden equipment
- Knowledge of basic building construction methods and building materials
- Physical capacity to perform a wide range of manual tasks
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Strong communication, both written and verbal, skills
- Non-judgemental attitude and ability to liaise with people from varying backgrounds
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about this role, a copy of the Position Description can be accessed HERE.
Applications can be directed to Daniel Orlic (Asset Services Manager) and submitted via our website.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 30th June 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Vulnerable People Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of having three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine as well as a 2022 influenza vaccine prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.