Client Side Project Manager - Construction (Refurbishment)
- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Competitive remuneration Package
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits
- Generous motor vehicle allowance in addition to base rate of pay
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Full Time (38 hours per week)
- Fixed Term (12-month contract)
- Based in Ascot Vale (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 830 staff and operate from multiple sites across Melbourne, regional Victoria and Tasmania. Wintringham aims to provide residents with the ability to maintain their chosen lifestyles, traditions and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Your new role
Due to recent funding success, an opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Client sided Project Manager (Construction) to join our tight-knit Property Services Team on a full time – 12 month contract. Reporting to the Property Services Manager, you will oversee and coordinate the refurbishment program to rejuvenate nominated assets & spaces at a number of our Melbourne based Aged Care sites.
You will play a leading role in all aspects of Project Management, including the development of the client brief(s), appoint & manage the design team including their deliverables, assist with procurement, pre, during & post construction.
Your duties and responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Providing technical, design and project management assistance at the direction of the Asset & Property Services Manager
- Independently managing upgrade / construction projects in accordance with industry established best practice
- Taking the lead project management role in any internally managed/contracted construction projects, including acting as contract superintendent.
- Providing expert project management & project delivery advice / outcomes on projects to be undertaken by the organisation
- Engage in positive health & safety outcomes.
- You hold a tertiary or post-graduate qualification in construction management, project management (Construction), or building surveying.
- (Alternatively you have attained the Registered Building Practitioner status in Victoria (with VBA) as Domestic or/and Commercial Builder, with minimum of 5 years work experience).
- Proven experience with providing solid technical, design, project management and project delivery advice.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise duties, work independently and flexibly and meet demanding timelines
- Ability to liaise and manage stakeholders relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to social justice
- A current drivers licence (mandatory)
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and have an internal training program for all staff. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + great discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
For more information about the role, please download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Enquiries can be made to Ian Martin (Property Services & Asset Manager) on 0409 229 625. Applications can be directed to Ian Martin (Property Services & Asset Manager) and submitted via our website.
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 7th July 2022
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID19 and help keep Victorians safe. You will be required to show evidence of 3 COVID19 vaccinations and be willing to undertake Flu vaccination in the 2022 year and subsequent years.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.