Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Breakfast Cook to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Chef or designate, and work a rotating schedule encompassing 14 days on, 14 days off.
In this role, you will be responsible for producing and serving the breakfast menu as directed by the Baker and First Cook. Working to maintain high standards of quality and food safety, you will follow the production plan and recipes at all times, as well as prepare for future needs, as directed.
Key duties include:
- Ensure that Food Safety policies and SOP are followed
- Conduct all work in a manner that is safe, and in accordance with Pretivm policies.
- Ensure that all WHMIS guidelines are followed, be familiar with MSDS materials for all products used, and use appropriate PPE for all tasks
- Maintain and operate the hot service line as scheduled, follow all Food Safe procedures and complete logs and checklists
- Process and store leftover food in accordance with Food Safe guidelines and Pretivm policy
- Complete kitchen cleaning routines and daily service line and equipment clean up
- Assist with receiving and storing grocery orders, as needed
- Monitor inventory in area of responsibility and report stock that is low, poor quality or out
- Attend daily safety meetings, fill out a Surface Safety Card, and participate in reporting any issues or concerns to supervisors
- Contribute to the efficiency, safety, high morale, and smooth operation of the Catering & Accommodations team
- Make sure that all equipment and tools are well-maintained and in good working order.
- Report any damage or needed repairs
- Monitor the Camp radio, as required
- Perform other related duties, as required
For this role, we are seeking a motivated and hands-on team player who is able and willing to pitch in and help wherever needed.
Successful candidates will have a post-secondary education in culinary arts and previous kitchen and/or camp experience. A suitable combination of education and experience may also be considered. Stand-out candidates will also posses WHMIS and Foodsafe 1.
This role may also require the following:
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Ability to maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Ability to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Ability to work in close quarters with a team
If this sounds like you, we’d be lucky to have you on our team! Please read about our great employee benefits and complete our easy online application form below.
What we can offer you
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today.
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only