Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
Pretivm has on-going positions for First Cooks with a broad skill set, strong supervisory skills and excellent interpersonal abilities to join our dynamic team and support the successful development of the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern British Columbia through the construction phase and into commercial operations.
Pretivm is committed to supporting the nearby communities, and as such, preference will be given to candidates who reside in Northwestern BC or who are willing to relocate.
Working as a leader of our team, you will be responsible for all aspects of hot food preparation and production in a remote camp serving up to 500 occupants. Taking direction from the Camp Manager and Chef, the First Cook is responsible for supervising lunch production and leading dinner production including assisting with menu planning, quality food production, staff planning, inventory management and kitchen administration while ensuring high standards for quality, food safety, and sanitation is achieved.
Specific role responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Producing daily menu for lunch and dinner;
- Ensuring safe work habits, food safety, and company standards are met;
- Provide employee training and work with your Supervisor to create development plans for the team;
- Proactively monitor inventory and prepare food and supply orders in coordinator with your Supervisor;
- Ensure quality and nutritional standards are met;
- Ensure special diets are accommodated;
- Create and implement in new recipes and ideas into meal plans;
- Work with your Supervisor to implement consistent prep plans, systems and efficient production schedules;
- Review, manage and oversee cleaning lists and schedules to ensure proper sanitation standards are exceeded;
- Assist with inventory, menu planning, recipe building;and
- Other requested duties and responsibilities to support the successful development of the Brucejack Project.
As our ideal candidate, you have completed your Red Seal Chef culinary training or have an equivalent combination of training and experience including 8-12 years of professional cooking experience in high-quality, high-volume food service. You also have considerable experience cooking for special diets such as gluten-free, vegetarian, diabetic, low fat, low sugar, etc.
We are particularly interested in speaking with you if you are a strong leader that works well under pressure and has a broad range of experience which includes cooking within remote camp, hotel/catering and fine dining restaurant environments.
As a strong team player, you have excellent communication and leadership skills, which include the ability to create a positive team environment where everyone supports each other to be successful while maintaining high standards of service.
It would be a definite asset if you have experience working in an executive camp environment along with Occupational First Aid certification.
Lastly, please note the following physical aspects of this position:
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift;
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs;
- Frequent kneeling, pushing and pulling; and
- Frequent ascending or descending of ladders, stairs and ramps.
Please note, extra hours may be required from time to time to fulfil your responsibilities.
If this sounds like you, please read on to see what we can offer you!
What we can offer you
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching program
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Mine today.
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only