Camp Attendant / Housekeeper
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
Pretivm has on-going positions for Camp Attendants / Housekeepers with previous housekeeping experience in a camp, hotel or institutional environment to join the camp support team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern British Columbia.
Pretivm is committed to supporting the nearby communities, and as such, preference will be given to candidates who reside in Northwestern BC or who are willing to relocate.
As a valued member of our team, you will be responsible for the daily cleaning of bunkhouses at the remote mine camp, receiving and distributing cleaning and camp supplies, providing support to the housekeeping team and other duties and activities as requested.
Specific role responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Vacuum and mop bunkhouse hallways and floors;
- Clean bunkhouse rooms including walls, windows and blinds;
- Change bed linens on a regular basis;
- Perform laundry activities;
- Empty garbage and recycling bins;
- Perform regular fire extinguisher inspections;
- Make sure that all cleaning equipment are well-maintained and in good working order. Report any damage or needed repairs;
- Monitor cleaning supplies inventory;
- Conduct all work in a manner that is safe, and in accordance with Pretivm policies. Ensure that all WHMIS guidelines are followed, be familiar with MSDS materials for all products used, and use appropriate PPE for all tasks;
- Contribute to the efficiency, safety, high morale, and smooth operation of the catering and accommodations team;
- Develop an efficient system for daily duties. Ensure all areas of responsibility are clean, sanitary, well-maintained, and stocked with supplies; and
- Other duties and responsibilities to ensure the camp accomodations are clean, sanitized and effectively maintained to ensure the camp guests experience is safe, clean and comfortable.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a minimum of 1 years' previous housekeeping experience in a camp, hotel or institutional environment and a strong desire to be a part of a dynamic team. To be successful you must be able to adapt to changing priorities and be able to multi-task in this fast-paced environment. WHMIS training is essential for this role.
As a strong team player, you have outstanding communication skills and the self motivation to follow direction and work independently with minimal supervision. You will also be highly organized and detail oriented.
Lastly, the successful candidate must be able of fulfilling the physical requirements of the role, including:
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift;
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs;
- Frequent kneeling, pushing and pulling; and
- Frequent ascending or descending of ladders, stairs and ramps.
If this sounds like you, please read on to see what we can offer you!
What we can offer you
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching programs
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK PROJECT TODAY!
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only