Welcome to the Brucejack Mine
The Brucejack Mine is an underground gold mine located in Northwest British Columbia, owned and operated by Pretivm Resources Inc.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
Pretivm has on-going positions for Janitors with previous cleaning and janitorial experience in an industrial setting to join the camp support team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern British Columbia.
Pretivm is committed to supporting the nearby communities, and as such, preference will be given to candidates who reside in Northwestern BC or who are willing to relocate.
As a valued member of our team, you will be responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitation of common areas at the remote mine camp, receiving and distributing cleaning and camp supplies, providing support to the housekeeping team and other duties and activities as requested.
Specific role responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Vacuum and mop floors and entrance stairways to the kitchen, offices, bunkhouses, common areas, hallways and washcars;
- Clean washroom sinks, mirrors, walls, toilets, urinals and ensure that all soap, sanitizer, towel & toilet paper dispensers are well stocked
- Sanitize all contact surfaces: doorknobs, dispensers, faucets, toilet & urinal handles
- Empty garbage and recycling bins;
- Perform regular fire extinguisher inspections;
- Make sure that all equipment and tools are well-maintained and in good working order. Report any damage or needed repairs;
- Monitor inventory and assist with receiving and distributing inventory;
- Conduct all work in a manner that is safe, and in accordance with Pretivm policies. Ensure that all WHMIS guidelines are followed, be familiar with MSDS materials for all products used, and use appropriate PPE for all tasks;
- Contribute to the efficiency, safety, high morale, and smooth operation of the catering and accommodations team;
- Develop an efficient system for daily duties. Ensure all areas of responsibility are clean, sanitary, well-maintained, and stocked with supplies;
- Assist housekeepers as needed on high changeover days;
- Perform light camp maintenance as requested; and
- Other duties and responsibilities to ensure the camp common areas are clean, sanitized and effectively maintained to support the camp support team.
As our ideal candidate, you will have previous experience providing janitorial support, cleaning services and basic camp maintenance in an industrial environment. WHMIS training is essential for this role.
As a strong team player, you have outstanding communication skills and the self motivation to follow direction and work with minimal supervision. You will also be highly organized and detail oriented.
Lastly, the successful candidate must be able of fulfilling the physical requirements of the role, including:
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift;
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs;
- Frequent kneeling, pushing and pulling; and
- Frequent ascending or descending of ladders, stairs and ramps.
If this sounds like you, please read on to see what we can offer you!
What We Can Offer Your
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- RRSP matching programs
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK PROJECT TODAY!
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only