St George, QLD
About the Company:
RDO Equipment is one of the world’s largest and most trusted John Deere and Vermeer equipment dealers, selling and supporting John Deere Construction & Forestry, and Agricultural & Turf machinery, as well as the full range of Vermeer equipment. RDO proudly employs more than 800 staff, and operates out of 29 dealership locations in metro and regional Australia, providing parts and service support for the agricultural, roads, civil construction, landscaping, mining and forestry sectors.
Our job is more than supplying equipment. We are a trusted business partner and we build customers for life. We play hard and fair in everything we do and are driven by a sense of achievement. Our dealer network is unmatched and our commitment to our customers unfaltering. In order to deliver this commitment, we seek like-minded people and work hard to support our staff to realise their full potential.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Workshop Supervisor to join our service team in our Goondiwindi branch.
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service, seeking customer feedback and giving advice to customers over the phone.
- Assigning jobs to Service Technicians, following up with employee issues or concerns, scheduling and conducting in-house Service Technician training. Participating in Service Technician appraisals.
- Reviewing all repair work before releasing to the customer, maintaining product knowledge and some liaison with the Parts department as necessary.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Relevant Trade Certificate - Heavy Diesel Fitter/ Mobile Plant Mechanic/ Diesel Mechanic or Equivalent.
- Experience in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products, including engine overhauls and major repairs including solid electrical, hydraulic and diagnostic.
- Strong supervisory/management experience with the ability to lead, mentor and develop your team.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the design & function of John Deere and Vermeer equipment will be highly regarded.
- A current and valid driver’s licence.
- Strong customer service focus and dedicated work ethic.
- A mature attitude and logical and methodical approach to your work.
As a valued employee of the company, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth.
- Transparent and structured incentive programs and bonuses
- An internal support network of industry leading experts
- Career advancement that’s based on performance and ability
We strongly encourage all candidates to learn more about RDO Equipment at our website; www.rdoequipment.com.au. To apply, click on the Apply link.
Prospective candidates are advised that interviews will commence immediately.
We are successful because of our people and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We can only accept applications from individuals who have the right to work in Australia. External agencies have not been engaged for this role, so please ensure you apply directly to be considered.
For further information on this particular role or similar opportunities please contact our Careers Team on 1300 008 608.