Lifestyle & Recreation Officer (Planned Activity Group)
- Work with a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation that is committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive rates: $26.53-$29.13 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Generous kilometre reimbursement for work related travel
- Part-Time (2 shifts per fortnight)
- Based in Keysborough
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation which provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Employing over 800 staff, Wintringham provides care and support services through residential facilities as well as community services, which assist an elderly person to retain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Wintringham is renowned for the quality and personalised range of lifestyle and recreation activities/outcomes we support our residents to achieve. We distance ourselves from a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to recreation and our multi-skilled Recreation team blend elements of recreation and leisure counselling to create an individualised approach to activities that are both meaningful and tailored to our residents’ interests.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a pro-active and dynamic Recreation Officer to join our South Eastern Community Recreation team to assist with their Planned Activity Group (PAG) on a Part Time basis.
Your roster will be as follows:
Week 1&2: 1 day (6 hours - permanent) & 1 day (7 hours – fixed term until end of June 2022)
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing processes to engage participants and carers in the ongoing development, planning, review and evaluation of activities and programs tailored to the individual
- Encouraging clients to maintain their community associations and contacts.
- Promoting recreational opportunities available within the broader community.
- Facilitating clients’ access to programs that will assist the maintenance of their independence.
- Taking account of the diverse needs and preferences of participants when planning programs and activities
- Individual assessment, care planning, monitoring, review and referral to other services as required
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and may be asked to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Relevant qualification in Recreation, Leisure & Lifestyle or equivalent, or similar.
- Prior experience in Community based Recreation programs (highly advantageous)
- Passionate about advocating for Social Justice Issues - highly valued
- Experience working with clients who come from a disadvantaged background (highly advantageous)
- Current First Aid Certificate 2
- Current drivers license
- Own reliable vehicle that is suitable for transporting clients and work purposes
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link 'HERE'
Applications can be directed to Sandy Buchanan (Recreation Coordinator - PAG) and submitted by filling out the information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm Thursday 27th May 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.