Recreation / Leisure & Lifestyle Officer (North/West suburbs)
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive rates: $25-$34 per hour (dependent on qualifications & experience)
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Be paid for your travel time and receive a km reimbursement in between clients
- Work with a rapidly growing not for profit organisation with a commitment to social justice
- Part Time (15 – 30 hours per week)
- Servicing Melbourne’s North-Western suburbs (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a Not-for-Profit organisation which provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Employing over 830 staff, Wintringham provides care and support services through residential facilities as well as community services, which assist an elderly person to retain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Wintringham is renowned for the quality and personalised range of lifestyle and recreation activities/outcomes we support our residents to achieve. We distance ourselves from a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to recreation and our multi-skilled Recreation team blend elements of recreation and leisure counselling to create an individualised approach to activities that are both meaningful and tailored to our residents’ interests.
We are currently seeking a flexible and experienced Recreation Officer to join our Funded Services Recreation Team which supports clients across the following portfolio’s: (1) Home Care Package (HCP), (2) National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), (3) Fee for Service (FFS), or, (4) at one of our residential facilities within Melbourne’s North Western region. Reporting to the Recreation Coordinator – Funded Services, you will facilitate individualized recreation plans for each individual and helping them to meet their needs and goals.
No two days in the life of a Lifestyle & Recreation Officer will be the same and some of the requirements are as follows.
- Recreation: assist clients to pursue and develop their recreational pursuits through one-on-one facilitation
- Community Support: escorting our clients on community outings e.g. shopping trips, excursions, lunches, appointments
- Transport: escorting our clients to medical and allied health appointments, hospital visits and respite care
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts that are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and we will ask you to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel and pay for your travel time in between clients.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Relevant qualification in Recreation, Leisure & Lifestyle or equivalent, or similar.
- Willingness to travel to and familiarity with Melbourne’s Northern and Western Suburbs (VIC)
- Prior experience in Recreation programs across Residential Aged Care, Community Home Care or NDIS services.
- Passionate about advocating for Social Justice issues
- Experience working with clients who come from a disadvantaged background
- Current First Aid Certificate 2
- Current drivers licence
- Own reliable vehicle that is suitable for transporting clients and work purposes
How to apply:
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the link HERE.
Applications can be directed to Maria Azzopardi (Acting Senior Recreation Coordinator) and submitted via our website. If you have further questions or would like to discuss the role – please contact Maria Azzopardi on 0400 849 066.
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 20th May 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and help keep Victorians safe, including directions to make the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for employees that are required to attend a workplace. Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of having three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Vaccination against Influenza is a requirement of employment at Wintringham. Are you willing to undertake an influenza vaccination prior to 11th June 2022, or if commencing post this date, prior to commencing employment.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued.
The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.