Recreation / Leisure & Lifestyle Officer (Residential Aged Care)
(Accepting Internal Applications Only)
- Competitive rates: $27.12-$34.95 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits, EAP + discounts to leading retailers
- Work with a rapidly growing not for profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Wintringham will pay for & supply your training courses (First Aid, CPR etc.)
- Part Time (fortnightly weekend shifts)
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Ron Conn Nursing Home, located in Melbourne’s Northwest offers affordable, high quality accommodation to 60 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment that allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Wintringham is renowned for the quality and personalised range of lifestyle and recreation activities/outcomes we support our residents to achieve. We distance ourselves from a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to recreation and our multi-skilled Recreation team blend elements of recreation and leisure counselling to create an individualised approach to activities that are both meaningful and tailored to our residents’ interests.
Your new role
Wintringham is seeking a Part Time Recreation Officer to work 6.5 hours on Saturday and Sunday every second week. In this role you will assist the Recreation Co-ordinator to continually develop and facilitate individual recreational pursuits designed to meet the leisure needs of each client at Ron Conn Nursing.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensuring residents’ individual recreation interests are established and facilitated.
- Encouraging residents to maintain their community associations and contacts.
- Promoting recreational opportunities available within the broader community.
- Facilitating residents’ access to programs that will assist the maintenance of their independence.
- Facilitating residents’ access to venues, events and recreational opportunities.
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate and relevant documentation is up to date and meets ACFI requirements.
- Duties as directed by the Recreation Coordinator.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Current drivers licence (mandatory)
- Recreation, Leisure & Lifestyle qualifications or relevant degree level (soon-to-be or recent graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Ability and desire to work with clients with challenging and complex needs
- Interest in social justice issues
- Prior experience in Homelessness, Aged Care,Welfare, Disability, Allied Health or Community Care
- Current First Aid Certificate 2
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about this role, a copy of the Position Description can be accessed HERE.
Applications can be directed to Erine Van Niekerk (Recreation Coordinator) and submitted via our website.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 30th June 2022
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID19 and help keep Victorians safe. You will be required to show evidence of 3 COVID19 vaccinations and be willing to undertake Flu vaccination in the 2022 year and subsequent years.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.