Container Forklift Operator
EARN a Negotiable Hourly Rate + Super | Based on Exp
Join an Established & Growing Shipping Container Depot
Full-Time Role in Brooklyn | Overtime Available
About The Company
Our client is a privately owned shipping container sales, storage and repair facility operating in Melbourne. They have strived to become an industry leader, providing fast turnaround times, implementing sustainable business practices, and claim to be one of the first clean and green container parks in Melbourne.
About The Opportunity
They are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Container Forklift Operator to join their company in Brooklyn, VIC.
The position is responsible for the unloading, moving, relocating, stacking, and loading of empty shipping containers in a safe and efficient manner.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and Depot Manager some of your responsibilities will include:
- Unload incoming trucks and load outgoing trucks
- Load/unload wash bay and pre-trip area
- Return repaired containers to stock levels
- Efficiently stack and store containers in appropriate areas
- Rotate stock levels and perform other duties as directed by Manager
- Visually inspect the forklift daily and report any faults to the Manager
- Communicate with office confirming type of containers to be released
- Communicate and liaise with workshop contractors and operations employees
- Co-ordinate yard layout with co-workers to best suit operational requirements
- Ensure adequate personnel available to cover forklift operator shifts
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years min experience in loading/unloading containers from trucks
- Excellent communication and strong computer skills
- A current ‘Licence to Perform High-Risk Work’
- Strong adherence to OHS requirements and forklift safety procedures
- The ability to use computer systems for handheld and forklift terminals
- The ability to use 2-way radio and read labels and numbers
- Twin Pick experience will be an advantage
You must also demonstrate:
- The ability to work independently
- Strong initiative and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A friendly attitude towards other staff, clients and truck drivers
- Excellent teamwork skills and flexibility to work overtime on request
What's in it for You?
- Established & Growing Privately Owned Business
- Convenient Location Close to Port Melbourne
- Join a Small & Friendly Team in Brooklyn
- Initial & Ongoing Training & Development
Apply today and don't miss out on starting this opportunity as soon as possible!
IMPORTANT: Application Form Instructions (Please Read)
Apply for this role by completing the below questions in your own words. This is an opportunity to impress the employer and set your application apart from the rest! Please do not copy and paste your resume. Then click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of the page and you’ll be asked to ATTACH YOUR RESUME/COVER LETTER if you have not already selected this via Seeks portal.
Your application will be reviewed and we will be in contact via email regarding your progress.
Good Luck from the Recruit Shop Team!
Note: By applying you give authority to be contacted using your provided phone number and email address regarding this and other job opportunities and other Recruit Shop related topics. Should you wish to unsubscribe from such information you may do so at the time of receipt.
Please take a look at our other vacancies here: https://recruitshop.applynow.net.au/