Fabrication Workshop Supervisor
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Join an Established and Successful Engineering Business
Relocate to Mount Isa For the Next Step in Your Career
About The Company
Our client has over 70 years of combined experience supporting the mining industry throughout North-West Queensland. They have helped their clients overcome challenges that come with the industry, including processing, manufacturing, construction, and plant upgrades. They are a committed team that is dedicated to providing a high level of service to all of their clients.
About The Opportunity
They are looking for a Fabrication Workshop Supervisor to join their company in Mount Isa, QLD. Salary Commensurate with Experience
This position is based in Mt Isa and is NOT FIFO or DIDO, however, they are willing to consider some assistance with a trial period, and eventual relocation.
The role will involve analysing engineering drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare cost estimates for products, projects, and services as well as supervising and managing the day to day running of the fabrication & maintenance workshop.
Some other responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing project specifications to determine material and labour required
- Working with the Engineering, Sales and Operations teams to complete jobs
- Calculate estimation costings
- Updating internal and external customers with up to date accurate and relevant information
The successful candidate will be Trade Qualified in a fabrication trade.
Additionally, you will have:
- Previous experience with steel fabrication
- Mining industry experience is desirable
- Computer literacy and basic drafting skills are advantageous
- Solid knowledge of metal fabrication parts
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to improve workshop profitability by implementing best practices
Apply today and don't miss out on starting this rewarding opportunity as soon as possible!
IMPORTANT: Application Form Instructions (Please Read)
Apply for this role by completing the below questions in your own words. This is an opportunity to impress the employer and set your application apart from the rest! Please do not copy and paste your resume. Then click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of the page and you’ll be asked to ATTACH YOUR RESUME.
Your application will be reviewed and we will contact you soon to provide feedback regarding your progress.
Good Luck from the Recruit Shop Team!
Note: By applying you give authority to be contacted using your provided phone number and email address regarding this and other job opportunities and other Recruit Shop related topics. Should you wish to unsubscribe from such information you may do so at the time of receipt.